- Changes in color
- Spots that appear or disappear
- Cracks that appear or disappear
- Cloudiness that gets worse or clears up
- Texture like ridging or etching that grows deeper or more faint
- Whole crystals disappearing, appearing, or reappearing unexpectedly
And there are probably many more than these. Science has yet to give us any conclusive answers for what's going on when something like this happens, but my guides have a few things to say on the matter.
TRUST YOUR CRYSTAL.
Your crystal knows what it is doing. We do not need to be privvy to all the how's and why's for something to work.
Crystals have a purpose just like you and I have a purpose. Collectively, crystals (a.k.a. the mineral kingdom) are here to support life. While on the surface they may appear fixed, and while it is true that their sacred geometric structure renders them resistant to entropy, they are at the same time energetically quite responsive. This responsive nature is built into their energetic nature in order to enable them to fulfill their purpose of supporting life.
When a crystal agrees to work with you (yes, you may have purchased it, but like all other synchronistic encounters, there are soul contracts in place prior to that intersection) it directs a portion of this responsive energy toward you specifically. It is essentially as though it were paying attention to you. In this way, it is naturally capable of shifting in order to reflect shifts or changes in you or your life. Much as the rest of your 3D experience will mirror your energetic state and reflect your own light and shadows, so too will your crystals.
So what do you do when this happens?
- If you have not been consciously working with that crystal, consider this a call to start doing so
- Give your crystal a gentle clearing with sound or sage smoke (do not worry about needing to perform unnecessary harsh or extensive cleansings such as a salt bath)
- Meditate with your crystal, asking it to reveal to you the reason for its metamorphosis
- Ask yourself what about you or your life might be triggering this change in your crystal
- Ask yourself what your crystal may be trying to communicate to you
- Accept that this change is part of your crystal's unique medicine (how it shows up to help and assist you)
- Consider that this may not be a new development but one you just noticed; ask yourself why this characteristic is jumping out at you now
- Consider acquiring another crystal that reflects the change you see in the one you already have (i.e. if dark spots appear, consider looking for a black or smoky-colored crystal)
- And I repeat, TRUST YOUR CRYSTAL
These kinds of changes in your crystal are rarely a call to get rid of the crystal. And they are NEVER a reason to fear it. While we should approach every mineral with respect, it is important to remember the supportive role they are here to play. Resistance toward the help and communication of your crystal (which is what fear of your crystal actually is) reflects an unwillingness to become self aware or to change, and this is in actuality a resistance to truth.
If you have stories or experiences of changing crystals you'd like to share, feel free to do so in the comments. Learning to engage with our crystal friends through experiences like these is exciting!