I adore yoga. I’ve practiced yoga off and on for many years, kind of going through spurts and then falling off the wagon. In recent months, my home yoga practice has become a daily comfort for me. Mostly, I practice basic Hatha Yoga, using online videos for routines. I would consider myself a beginner in most senses, as I still have a lot to learn. But I’m in no hurry. I love what yoga provides me—body, mind, and soul—right where I’m at.
Recently, it occurred to me that I could incorporate crystal healing into my yoga practice. Kind of like crystal meditation, you can go about this in one of two ways:
- You can incorporate crystals as a means to heighten your experience of yoga
- You can combine yoga with crystals as a means to heighten your crystal healing
And of course, you can do both!
So, in the first example, you might choose crystals that are good for helping us enter a meditative state, such as:
Or you might choose crystals that support the muscular and skeletal systems, like:
Even crystals that are good for overall health and balance such as jade and green aventurine would make excellent choices.
And you can combine these in ways that work for you, bringing them to the mat to take your yoga practice to a whole new level.
In the second example, you would choose any crystal or combo of crystals with which you want to connect or receive healing or guidance. You would then bring these to your mat, allowing the practice of yoga to open you up to better receive and apply what these stones have to offer.
Here are some great ideas:
- Place a single stone on or near your mat where it can connect with you during practice without being a safety hazard.
- Place a crystal in the room nearby to use as your drishti—your focal point.
- Grid the four corners of your mat with crystals or stones.
- Make an elaborate grid around your mat in which to practice.
- Set a crystal tumble in a significant place on your body as you practice a pose—for example, you could set a piece of citrine over your sacral chakra as you relax in reclined cobbler’s pose, or you could hold a piece of selenite between your palms at your sternum as you balance in tree pose.
There are probably many more ideas you can employ here. I encourage you to get creative, but be safe! I have personally practiced with a single stone on the mat and with a gridded mat, and found both to be an amazing experience.
Both yoga and crystals are wonderful supportive aids in achieving highest alignment with out most authentic selves. Both open us up and teach us to “allow”. Both lead us into meditation, silence, stillness, and mindfulness. Both help us to marry our spiritual selves with our physical bodies in a focused, integrated way. This makes them natural allies.
I hope this gets you thinking of all the awesome ways you can combine crystals + yoga, or just combine crystals with other significant practices in your life! Please leave any questions, comments, or suggestions in the comments section below!